Friday, June 22, 2012

Family Legacy




Three weeks ago the 3 older kids and I went to Lusaka to be a part of a three day camp for 150-180 orphans put on by Family Legacy.  Our friends Clay and Erin Hughey are part of this ministry which takes kids that have no future and gives them love, a place to stay, education, and exposure to the Gospel.  It was a wonderful experience! Macie and Payton helped in the younger kids groups and Emma and I led a group of 13 and 14 year old girls. It was heart breaking hearing their stories of abuse and neglect. God really broke my heart for these girls. We had several times of prayer where you could feel the presence of the Holy Spirit so strongly! One new girl named ------ who had only been at the Tree of Life (the orphanage) for only 2 days accepted Christ and cried in my arms. Those three days with these girls changed my life forever. I really feel God planted a seed in my heart during the camp to start a once a month children’s Bible club here in Chik. I am so excited to build relationships with the kids around us and see all that God has in store!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luke,

The Lord is planting seeds in our hearts as we hear your testimonies. Your posts are certainly anointed of the Lord.

God Bless,
William & Rose Mary

Mindy said...

Family Legacy is how I came to know and love Zambia. I served in 2006 & 2007 at Camp Life. Love it when ministries work together :-)
~mindy dixon